Merchant Dashboard Introduction
In this video, we will show you how to use the merchant dashboard, which provides all the tools you need to manage your terminal.
If you have any questions, please call 509-590-1945. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Merchant Dashboard Explanation
BlockChyp’s Merchant Dashboard provides access to all the tools needed to manage your terminal.
The BlockChyp Dashboard Provides:
- Realtime view of overall volume
- Realtime view of number of transactions, terminals and declines
- Detailed list of most recent transactions
- ACTIVATE TERMINAL button
- Access to the Merchant Profile
How to Activate a Terminal:
- On the dashboard, look for the ACTIVATE TERMINAL button on the right side of your screen
- Click Activate
- Touch the terminal screen
- Type that code displayed on the terminal into your computer
- Give your terminal a unique name
- The terminal is now activated
Accessing Merchant Profile:
- Click on the blue settings button in the top right corner of your screen
- Select Merchant Profile
- You can also access Merchant Profile under the Merchant Tools tab
Tabs Under the Merchant Profile:
- General Information Tab
- Company Name (the corporate name you file taxes under)
- Your DBA (Doing Business As) name, (the name your customers know you by)
- Location Name - If you operate multiple locations, this is what you call this location. You can also list a store number if you have multiple locations.
- Local Time Zone - Make sure you set the time zone to where your business is located.
Payment Methods Tab:
- Indicates what kind of payment methods your store accepts.
Batch Settings Tab:
- This is where you indicate the preferred batch time close and if you want a batch to automatically close.
- Next Day Finding - Batch time must be set to close at or before 10:45 pm EST.
Terminal Settings Tab:
- Use Pins Option - Enable Pins to run EBTs. If pins are not enabled, higher fees could be charged.
- Digital Signatures Option - Helps with chargebacks. The more proof you have of a transaction gives evidence to dispute any chargebacks.
- Missing Signature Reversal Option - Reverses transaction when a customer does not sign.
- Contactless EMV Option- Activates the NFC reader on the terminal. Tap to pay won’t work if contactless EMV is not enabled.
- Update Time Tab - Displays the time the terminal will check for updates
- Survey Timeout Field - How long the survey will be displayed on the terminal.
- Cooldown Timeout Field - Shows the duration that the transaction result will be displayed on the terminal. The transaction result - can be a completed payment, a declined transaction, or it can sit idle.
- Store and Forward Floor Limit Tab - Shows the maximum transaction amount for offline/store and forward transactions. The transaction will be declined if it is greater than the set amount. BlockChyp enables this feature first before you have the option to adjust settings.
- Manual Entry for Keypad Option - If enabled, this allows the customer to key in card numbers by pressing the green O button.